Monday, May 21, 2007

Blognesia

Yep, it's a disease I have. I go out, I do something neat, I take photos of it, I think about how I'll put this on our blog, and then I forget that I didn't actually post it. Oh. Logged in a couple days ago and realized that I hadn't posted since Easter. So, I'll try to catch up.



For starters, spring arrived in our little corner of the world, even though it snowed on May 5. Not that I'm complaining exactly. The fact that we had abundant snowfall last winter ensured that our apple trees were heavy with blossoms.



Ahh. . . this is why we have our Mama and Papa chairs in the yard. Remember being a kid and seeing old couples sitting in their yards or on their porches? Just sitting there? No TV on or nothin'? Makes more sense to me now. . .



This is where gardening is a metaphor for life. Remember when I transplanted buckets of iris last fall? Well, those look like utter crap. However, the iris I left alone because I was just too tired from all the transplanting are doing great because I effectively "thinned" them by moving their brothers and sisters elsewhere. Such is life. Sometimes stuff you work on doesn't turn out like you planned. However, there are lovely surprises.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Give thos iris a year and a little bonemeal and they'll be just as lovely as these. They're just confused because they woke up in the wrong place- which is, as you, anyplace you didn't *plan* to wake up.

Oh wait- maybe that wasn't part of your college experience?

Good to hear and update, sugar.

Sus said...

Your yard is beautiful. Do you sit in your chairs a lot? I would. Even though I don't like gardening, having a yard to sit in is one of the things I miss now that I'm a high-riser. There are some great places to sit on campus, though, so I'm not completely without.

Thanks for the update!