Friday, September 08, 2006

Awakening

Since my last post about the sale of the place we call home, I had a wonderful dream. I dreamt it was a golden autumn afternoon and almost time to go home from work. I was chatting with my co-worker, Barbara, and asked her if she wanted to come home with me for some cocoa or something. She agreed, and we walked to our house. Strangely (aren't dreams always like this?) I lived there, though I had never been there before. Or maybe my dream self had been there, but the whole thing was new to my waking self. Anyway, apparently, Tommy and I had a beautiful home on the edge of a forest that was ablaze with yellow autumn leaves. Inside, it was opulent and homey at the same time. Lush rugs, thick upholstry, warm light. There was even this entertainment center that looked more like a giant apothecary's chest (with a TV), and I had the sense that all its little drawers and cubbies were filled with treasures and surprises. I woke up feeling totally fine about the house thing, and that the best was yet to come.

No comments: